Nepal Travel Guide
Fodor's Essential India
Nepal has a little bit of everything—snow-capped Himalayan mountains, tropical rainforests, vast stretches of grasslands and meadows—and it's position between China and India makes it just as rich in culture as it is in geography. The combination of stunning landscapes, architectural marvels, and colorful cities makes this exotic locale a great destination for independent travelers and group trekkers alike. The country as a whole is still in transition; tourism is still relatively new and much of the area feels like you've taken a step back in time. Still, there are plenty of worthwhile discoveries to be made in Nepal, and those with a sense of adventure will find themselves scrambling to fit everything in during their trip.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Nepal restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Nepal
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Nepal Active IExplore
- Transcendental Nepal and Hidden Bhutan IExplore
- Nepal Active - Everest Base Camp — $2,799 IExplore
- Transcendental Nepal and Hidden Bhutan — $5,305 IExplore
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I'm hoping my blog may be useful for anyone planning the Annapurna Circuit. Read more
After spending a day and a half in Beijing, I make way to the West Beijing Train Station. Read more