The Aristocrat Review
The Aristocrat's enduring popularity since it first opened in 1936 has only increased—it's now a chain of restaurants with around 10 branches scattered across the city. But this original location in the central district of Malate is the best. Although the menu covers a range of dishes, the perennial favorite for most is the barbecue chicken, sold at almost giveaway prices. The less ravenous may opt for Asian- and European-tinged soups, or for one of the healthy salads. For early risers there is also a choice of American and Filipino breakfasts.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- A World Apart IExplore
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air — $1,499 go-today
- Ageless China — $3,525 IExplore
To travel to El Nido, one has to fly to the capital of Palawan, Puerto Princesa. Read more
Just to share my pseudo-trip report on a short trip to Boracay Island, Philippines, which was named #1 Best Overall in Asia in Travel+ Leaisure’s World’s Best Awards 2012.
I say pseudo Read more
I'm arriving in Manila for a short stay and I've been hearing many horror stories about how taxi guys rip you off or take you off the beaten path and then rob you...how likely is that if I take the taxi Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more