Bay Leaf Café
Bay Leaf Café Review
Set back away from White Beach and its wall-to-wall string of glitzy but not always reliable European-influenced restaurants, the small and friendly Bay Leaf Café offers up a surprisingly rare find on Boracay: authentic Filipino food. With only a handful of tables in the light-colored, brightly lit café, the atmosphere is cozy and inviting. Several regional specialties appear on the menu, and the excellent house signature dish, adobo (marinated, then twice-cooked pork or chicken), is a classic.
- Address: Palasaa Spa Building, Main Rd. Station 1, Balabag, Boracay, 5608
- Phone: 036/288-2228
- Location: Boracay
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- A World Apart IExplore
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
To travel to El Nido, one has to fly to the capital of Palawan, Puerto Princesa. Read more
Just to share my pseudo-trip report on a short trip to Boracay Island, Philippines, which was named #1 Best Overall in Asia in Travel+ Leaisure’s World’s Best Awards 2012.
I say pseudo Read more
I'm arriving in Manila for a short stay and I've been hearing many horror stories about how taxi guys rip you off or take you off the beaten path and then rob you...how likely is that if I take the taxi Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more