Berjaya Singapore Hotel
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Berjaya Singapore Hotel Review
Formerly known as the Duxton, the nation's first boutique hotel offers an intimate whiff of Singapore's character before it sold out to steel girders and glass. Rooms are in eight converted shophouses in Chinatown's Tanjong Pagar district. Standard rooms, at the back of the building, are small with colonial reproduction furniture; the duplex suites are a better option. The karaoke bar across the street may keep you awake at night. Breakfast is included, and afternoon tea is served in the lounge. The excellent French restaurant L'Aigle d'Or is off the lobby.
- Address: 83 Duxton Rd., Tanjong Pagar, Singapore, 089540 | Map It
- Phone: 6227-7678; 800/272-8188 for reservations in the U.S.
- Website: www.berjayahotel.com/
- Metro Tanjong Pagar.
- Location: Tanjong Pagar
- 38 rooms, 11 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Singapore From 757 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Small budget: Stay in Singapore this May Fr $61+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Book the Four Seasons Singapore 3 Nts in May Fr $401+/Nt Expedia
- 4.5-Star Singapore Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1563 Expedia
- Cruise Through Asia with Holland America Line Fr $1,699 Expedia
In late May I found out I would be working in Thailand for 2 weeks and asked you kind folks here for suggestions for what to do for a short vacation after I finished work. Read more
Well I am sat in the airline lounge waiting for my flight to BKK, where I will get my AA flight to Singapore. Read more
My husband's been invited to a conference in Singapore early March 2014. Read more
· News & Features
It's time you put Singapore at the top of your travel wishlist.... Read more
Sampling local specialties is the name of the game in Singapore, and most can be found at their very bes... Read more
Exploring the fabled regions of the Far East is infinitely easier by sea.... Read more