Singapore is in the same time zone as Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Perth, and Taipei. It's 2 hours behind Sydney, 8 hours ahead of London (GMT), 16 hours ahead of Los Angeles (U.S. Pacific Standard Time), 14 hours ahead of Chicago (Central Standard Time), and 13 hours ahead of New York (Eastern Standard Time). Singapore doesn't practice day-light savings, given its proximity to the equator.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Singapore From 757 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Look no Further! Singapore Hotels Fr $131+/Nt Travelocity
- Save at 5-Star The Fullerton Bay: $557 & Up in May Expedia
- Singapore Super Savings 4 Nts Htl + Air Fr $1448 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 36 Nt Cruise! Seabourn Cruise Line Fr $8,099 Expedia