Sri Lanka Feature
Top Reasons to Go
Play With Your Food. Eating with your hands—right only, be careful—is the norm in Sri Lanka.
Cycle the Coast. Pick up a bike in Colombo and hit the road; try traversing the country's magnificent coastline.
Feel the Burn. Sri Lanka's cuisine is influenced by some of the fiery flavors of India; the dizzying array of spices will leave your mouth tingling.
Be One with Nature. Despite its diminutive size, 23 percent of flora and 16 percent of the fauna in Sri Lanka is native and unique.
Walk Back in Time. History is well preserved in Sri Lanka, from the 16th-century botanic gardens to Middle Ages ruins.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air go-today
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong IExplore
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong — $3,350 IExplore
- India's Golden Chariot Independent Journey — $7,195 IExplore