Green Cabin Review
For bargain-priced Sri Lankan snack foods, as well as the national dish of "rice and curry," it's hard to beat this. The decor is simple and the furnishings minimal, but the focus here is on flavor. For a light meal, try the hoppers: small rice-flour pancakes that you dip in curry sauces and sambal (a hot chili condiment). The string hoppers (where the flour is formed first into noodles, then steamed together into small cakes) are particularly delicious.
- Address: 453 Galle Rd., Kollupitiya, Colombo
- Phone: 011/258-8811
- Location: Colombo
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Temples of Bali & Borobudur IExplore
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
Hi All! Read more
We have 4 nights in BKK (I know, not enough, but we'll get back there again, I'm sure) and then 4 nights in Chiang Mai. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more