Quite remarkably, and somewhat unusually, the restaurant acclaimed by many as serving the very best European food—not just in Taipei, but in all of Taiwan—does not serve French haute cuisine nor does it dole out Italian fare. In fact, the menu reflects the Nordic origins of chef Ola. Specials here include Scandinavian classics such as pickled herring, Swedish meatballs, and venison in a juniper game sauce. The space is intimate and cozy, and the service is always friendly and attentive.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Enticing Sri Lanka IExplore
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air — $1,499 go-today
- ThaiCamLao Discovery — $4,295 IExplore
Hi All! Read more
I'm hoping my blog may be useful for anyone planning the Annapurna Circuit. Read more
I'm starting to plan out my next vacation.
I have 23 days in November and would like to travel to Thailand, Japan and China.
I would probably like to spend most of the time in Thailand and Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more