Getting Here and Around
The region is easily accessible by car. Roads 323 and 3199 take you to the main sights. It's also quite easy to travel around by public transportation, although package tours can be helpful if you have limited time. Reaching less-popular sights, such as Muang Singh Historical Park, is complicated if you don't have private transportation. Consider hiring a songthaew (around B500 for half a day). Public buses from Kanchanaburi leave the bus station, or from Saengchuto Road, close to the guesthouse area on River Kwai Road. There's also a private minibus office near the main bus station; minibuses go to many places in the province, but are more expensive than public buses and fill up quickly. Sai Yok Noi National Park is accessible by train.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book the Welcome Sawasdee Inn 3 Nts in May Fr $16+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Bangkok for Less: Hotels Fr $116+/Nt Travelocity
- Travel for Less! 4 Nts Hansar Bangkok + Air Fr $1597 Expedia
- Explore Asia with Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia