The area surrounding Kanchanaburi is large and there's a lot to see. You can easily spend a few days here enjoying the sights. It is possible to make it into a day trip if there is something specific you want to go to, but chances are you'll feel rushed.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save at 3.5-Star Solo Sukhumvit 2: $62 & Up in May Expedia
- 4-Star Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square Fr $71+/Nt Hotels.com
- 3.5-Star Bangkok Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1460 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 17 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia