Buses to Lopburi leave Bangkok's Mo Chit Northern Bus Terminal (Mo Chit) about every 20 minutes between 6 am and 7 pm. Tickets for the three-hour journey start at around B140 for air-conditioned buses. Lopburi is an hour and a half from Ayutthaya on the green 607 Bus from Ayutthaya's bus terminal. Lopburi's bus station is about 6 km (3.7 miles) from town, making it necessary to take a tuk-tuk or songthaew into town.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book the Welcome Sawasdee Inn 3 Nts in May Fr $16+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Bangkok for Less: Hotels Fr $116+/Nt Travelocity
- Bangkok 4.5-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1403 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 17 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia