All trains to southern Thailand stop at Phetchaburi (three hours; B94-B114). The train station is north of town on Rot Fai Road. You can hire motorbikes taxis or tuk-tuks from the train or bus station to get to sights and/or downtown.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Visit Bangkok for Less: Hotels Fr $13+/Nt Travelocity
- $162 & Up: Le Meridien Bangkok 5-Star Hotel in Bangkok Save with Expedia, $91/night less
- Super Sale! 16 Nts Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok + Air Fr $2,218 Travelocity
- See Asia & More: 17 Nts Aboard Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia