- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This restaurant has long been a favorite among government ministers and corporate executives, both for its outstanding Cantonese cuisine and for its 11 private areas, which are perfect for business lunches or romantic dinners. The main dining room is elegant, with crimson carpeting, carved screens, lacquer furniture, and porcelain objets d'art. The Peking duck is among the draws (as are the jellyfish salad and drunken chicken), and the seasonal specialties include everything from hairy crabs (October and November) to Taiwanese eels (March). The service is efficient and friendly without being obtrusive. The restaurant is in Chatuchak, in the north of Bangkok.
- Address: Centara Grand at Central Plaza Lad Phrao, 1695 Phaholyothin Rd., Chatuchak, North Bangkok, Bangkok, 10900 | Map It
- Phone: 02/541-1234
- Website: www.centarahotelsresorts.com
- Subway: Phahon Yothin.
- Location: Dusit and North Bangkok
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save in Bangkok: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $84+/Nt Save with Expedia, $72/night less
- 4-Star FuramaXclusive Sathorn Fr $54+/Nt Hotels.com
- Top Vacation Sale! 6 Nts + Air as Low as $1,933 Travelocity
- Explore Asia with Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
So our next trip is seriously in the works! Read more
· News & Features
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience.... Read more
Thailand is the nation of gilded temples, vibrant food, virgin beaches, unbridled luxury, and smiling... Read more