- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Normandie Review
Perched atop the Mandarin Oriental, this legendary restaurant commands an impressive view of the Chao Phraya. France's most highly esteemed chefs periodically take over the kitchen, often importing ingredients from the old country to use in their creations. Even when no superstar is on the scene, the food is remarkable. The pricey menu (it's hard to get away with spending less than B5,000 on a meal) often includes classic dishes like slow-cooked shoulder of lamb. The best bet is the prix fixe menu for 4,700 baht.
- Address: Mandarin Oriental, 48 Oriental Ave., Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500 | Map It
- Phone: 02/659-9000 Ext. 7670
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com
- Metro Skytrain: Saphan Taksin.
- Location: Silom
- Jacket required.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 4-Star Swissotel Le Concorde in Bangkok Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $50/night less
- 4.5-Star Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok Fr $100+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $51/night less
- Bangkok in Style! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $1483 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 19 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $4,484 Expedia
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
So our next trip is seriously in the works! Read more
· News & Features
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience.... Read more
Thailand is the nation of gilded temples, vibrant food, virgin beaches, unbridled luxury, and smiling... Read more