- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
On a veranda facing the Chao Phraya River, this restaurant's setting practically guarantees a romantic evening. Be sure to reserve an outside table so you can enjoy the breeze. Although the food may not have as many chilies as some would like, the Thai standards are represented on the menu. Good among those are Phuket lobster dishes and curried river prawns. Set menus make sampling many different things easy. The live traditional music makes everything taste even better.
- Address: Shangri-La Hotel, Charoen Krung (New Rd.), 89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, Silom (Bang Rak), Bangkok, 10500
- Phone: 02/236-7777
- Metro Skytrain: Saphan Taksin.
- Location: Silom
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2699 -- Australia & Asia: 2-Week Cruises w/Air, Save $1000 CruCon Cruise Outlet
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
· News & Features
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience.... Read more
Thailand is the nation of gilded temples, vibrant food, virgin beaches, unbridled luxury, and smiling... Read more