- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Raan Jay Fai
Raan Jay Fai Review
"Cult following" would be putting it mildly: it is said that there are people that come to Thailand just for a serving of the pad khee mao (drunken noodles) at this small open-air eatery with cafeteria-style tables, green bare lightbulbs, and a culinary wizard presiding over a charcoal-fired wok. The dish, which is all anyone gets here, is a rice noodle preparation with seafood including basil, crabmeat, giant shrimp, and hearts of palm. At around B250, this is a major splurge by Bangkok noodle standards—and the deal of the century for visiting foodies. The lump crabmeat fried with curry powder, though not as wildly popular, is also recommended.
- Address: 327 Maha Chai Rd., Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, 10200
- Phone: 02/223-9384
- Location: The Old City
- No credit cards.
- Closed some Sat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Bangkok: Save at the St. James in May Fr $78+/Nt Expedia
- 3-Star The Tawana Bangkok Fr $57+/Nt Hotels.com
- 25% OFF Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square! 6 Nts + Air Fr $1,782 Travelocity
- Explore Asia with Avalon Waterways Fr $4,024 Expedia
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
So our next trip is seriously in the works! Read more
· News & Features
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience.... Read more
Thailand is the nation of gilded temples, vibrant food, virgin beaches, unbridled luxury, and smiling... Read more