- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aw Taw Kaw Market
Aw Taw Kaw Market Review
Bangkok's best food bargains are found at this legendary spot in the Chatuchak Market. It's noisy, and you'll be inundated with sights and smells in the rows of food stalls; walk around and let your senses take over. The seafood, like raw crab, curried crab, or steamed whole fish with garlic and chili, is especially tasty. Items are dished out in plastic baggies; finding a seat and utensils can be a challenge. The trick is to buy something small at one of the few cafélike establishments that offer seats, plates, and cutlery—then open your bags and feast.
- Address: Phaholyothin Rd., Chatuchak, North Bangkok, Bangkok, 10900
- Subway: Chatuchak Park; Skytrain: Mo Chit.
- Location: Dusit and North Bangkok
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enchanted Thailand! Flights to Bangkok From 788 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 3.5-Star City Lodge Soi 19 Fr $58+/Nt Hotels.com
- Bangkok Savings! Book at Legacy Suites Bangkok Fr $52+/Nt Save with Expedia, $24/night less
- Dream Deal: Column Bangkok 4 Nts + Air Fr $1542 Expedia
- Discover Bangkok & More: 19 Nts Aboard Avalon Waterways Fr $4,484 Expedia
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
My fiance and I are going to Thailand for our honeymoon in late December. Read more
· News & Features
Frenetic Bangkok can be arresting under normal circumstances, but add jet lag, a layer of humidity, and... Read more
Bangkok is a multi-sensory experience.... Read more
Thailand is the nation of gilded temples, vibrant food, virgin beaches, unbridled luxury, and smiling... Read more