Tea House Siam Celadon
Tea House Siam Celadon Review
Escape the hustle and bustle of busy Tha Pae Road by stepping into the cool interior of this exquisitely restored century-old Chinese merchant's house. You enter through a showroom of fine celadon pottery and an adjoining courtyard flanked by tiny boutiques selling Lanna fabrics. The fan-cooled tearoom is a teak-floored salon furnished with wrought iron and glass. The menu is limited, mostly sandwiches and salads (try the avocado and prawns), but the pastries and fruitcake are among Chiang Mai's best. It opens at 9 am.
- Address: 158 Tha Pae Rd., Chiang Mai, 50100
- Phone: 053/234518; 053/234519
- Location: Chiang Mai and Environs
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Cambodia Experience — $5,299 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
Trying to decide between:
Chatrium Hotel Riverside
Centre Point Silom Hotel
The reviews are great on both. Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more