Riverside Restaurant and Bar
Riverside Restaurant and Bar Review
Of all Chiang Mai's numerous waterfront restaurants, the Riverside is the oldest and most popular. The food, Thai and international, is secondary to the atmosphere, enlivened by a young Thai clientele drawn by the nightly live music. On warm evenings tables are set up on the banks of the Ping River, but beware—this reviewer had an unwelcome visitor at his table when a large python perched its head on the riverbank and waited for scraps like a household pet. But such occurrences are common in Chiang Mai.
- Address: 9/11 Charoen Rat Rd., Chiang Mai, 50300
- Phone: 053/243239
- Location: Chiang Mai and Environs
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- ThaiCamLao Discovery IExplore
- Thailand & Cambodia Experience — $5,299 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more
We have 4 nights in BKK (I know, not enough, but we'll get back there again, I'm sure) and then 4 nights in Chiang Mai. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more