Gulf Coast Beaches Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to the Gulf Coast Beaches
Sunsets at Railay Beach: The sunsets here are unbeatable, however you choose to view them: floating in a kayak, strolling along the sand, or lounging in a beachfront bungalow.
Boating Around Koh Tao: Don't miss snorkeling at Shark Island, stopping for lunch at Mango Bay, and climbing to the lookout on Koh Nang Yuan.
Kayaking Phang Nga Bay: Phang Nga Bay's maze of islands is ideal for gliding alongside towering cliffs.
Camping at Koh Similan: This gorgeous national park has a handful of tents for rent. Hire a longtail boat to do some snorkeling while you're here.
Exploring Koh Phi Phi: The jewel of Phang Nga Bay cannot be truly appreciated from one beach. Make day trips aboard a longtail boat: Maya Bay is a must-see and quieter Loh Samah Bay is magical.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $1,275+/Nt Hotels.com
- Hua Hin Savings! Book at Intercontinental Hua Hin Fr $247+/Nt Expedia
- Starting Fr $133: Great Hua Hin Price — $133 Save with Hotels.com, $34/night less
- Book 3-Star Sailom in Hua Hin Fr $74+/Nt — $74 Expedia
- 5-Star Putahracsa Hua Hin Fr $148+/Nt — $148 Save with Hotels.com, $49/night less