- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hiking and Trekking
Hiking trips, particularly to some of the island's waterfalls, are gaining popularity. It's a good idea to hire a guide if you plan to venture farther than one of the well-traveled routes, as good maps of the mostly jungle terrain are unheard-of.
Ban Kwan Chang, in Klongson Village on the north end of the island, offers a trekking program supported by the Asian Elephant Foundation, so you can trust that the elephants are treated more humanely than at many businesses. Half-day tours (from 8:30 am until around noon; B900 per person) include a bathing and feeding session and a 90-minute trek into the jungle, plus transportation from your hotel. There are shorter treks as well. Most hotels can arrange trips for you, if you don't want to call yourself. 01/919-3995 or 09/815-9566.
One such provider is Jungle Way, based in the northern village of Klongson. 09/223-4795.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Hiking and Trekking
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 5-Star AKA Hua Hin: $343 & Up in May Expedia
- $139 & Up: Cheap Hua Hin Stay Save with Hotels.com, $35/night less
- Book Imperial Hua Hin Beach in May: Book now and save! — $89 Expedia
- 5-Star AKA Hua Hin Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Save with Hotels.com, $119/night less
- $217 & Up: Devasom Hua Hin 4-Star Hotel in Hua Hin — $217 Save with Expedia, $33/night less