- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Scuba diving, including PADI courses, is readily available. Divers say that the fish are smaller than in other parts of Thailand, but the coral is better, there are no sharks, and most of the dives are less than 54 feet. Prices generally run from B3,200 for a PADI introductory dive to more than B20,000 for dive-master certification. Snorkeling off a boat costs as little as B700 a day. Snorkelers usually just tag along on dive boats, but boat excursions that feature snorkeling are available.
OK Diving, which has offices on White Sand Beach and Haad Khlong Phrao, offers day dives, PADI courses, and snorkeling excursions 09/936-7080.
Ploy Scuba Diving is one of the big names in the business. They offer a full range of dives and internationally recognized PADI courses, from beginner to dive master. Their main office is on Bang Bao Pier on the south of the island. There are offices on many of the beaches around the island, too. 039/558033. www.ployscuba.com.
Thai Fon leaves White Sand Beach each morning for a 10-hour, 15-island tour of the marine park. The trip includes stops at two or more islands (skirting the shores of the others), a buffet lunch, and two snorkeling stops. The cost is around B900. It's a good way to see some of the archipelago, including uninhabited islands, but it makes for a long day. 06/141-7498.
Water World Diving offers day dives, certification courses, and snorkeling. Koh Chang Plaza, Khlong Phrao Beach, 23170. 09/224-1031.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 5-Star Intercontinental Hua Hin Fr $247+/Nt Expedia
- Explore Hua Hin For Less! Book Fr $1,275+/Nt Hotels.com
- Small budget: Stay in Hua Hin this May Fr $44+/Nt — $44 Save with Expedia, $50/night less
- 5-Star AKA Hua Hin Fr $205+/Nt — $205 Save with Hotels.com, $88/night less
- Hilton Hua Hin & Spa on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $220+/Nt — $220 Save with Expedia, $45/night less