- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Safety and Precautions
Koh Chang is becoming a bustling resort island and, unfortunately, with it there are a few annoyances. Crime is still very low, but opportunist thieves do strike. Keep your valuables secured at all times and use hotel safes or those in-rooms.
With seasonal currents and tides there has been a spate of drownings on the beaches of Koh Chang. During the monsoon season (June-October), take particular care when swimming in the sea. Currents can be deceptive. Signage giving warnings has been installed in recent years, but the beaches are still unpatrolled by professional lifeguards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $1,275+/Nt Hotels.com
- Save in Hua Hin: Book 3 Nts in May at Sailom Fr $74+/Nt Expedia
- Explore Hua Hin For Less! Book Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Hotels.com, $127/night less
- $44 & Up: Citin Loft Hua Hin 3-Star Hotel in Hua Hin — $44 Save with Expedia, $50/night less
- Book in Hua Hin Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Save with Hotels.com, $34/night less