- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Surat itself is just a staging point for access to the more southern islands and beaches (Samui and Phang Ngan), and most people find themselves staying overnight only. However, there are a number of temples, retreats, and national parks that can keep you for few days.
As in all of the south, the best time to visit is in the drier months of November to March, but Surat is a year-round destination.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $162+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $29/night less
- Book in Hua Hin: Save this May Fr $90+/Nt Expedia
- 5-Star AKA Hua Hin Fr $202+/Nt — $202 Save with Hotels.com, $86/night less
- Book the Putahracsa Hua Hin 3 Nts in May Fr $170+/Nt — $170 Save with Expedia, $32/night less
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $60+/Nt — $60 Save with Hotels.com, $7/night less