- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Two travel agencies offer tours of the temples and the city's old quarter: Lampang Holiday and List Travel.
Lampang Holiday. 260/22 Chatchai Rd., Lampang. 054/310403.
Safety and Precautions
Lampang is a notoriously friendly city, with a sizable expat population, mostly teachers and retirees. There are very few cases of street crime or theft involving foreigners. The usual precautions are nevertheless advised, particularly if walking on less busy streets at night—leave valuables in your hotel room safe or with the management.
Lampang is worth at least one overnight stay. It has a quite large selection of comfortable hotels and a few restaurants (notably the Riverside) where a pleasant evening can be spent.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4.5-Star RarinJinda Wellness Spa Fr $116+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book in Chiang Mai: Save this May Fr $82+/Nt Expedia
- 5-Star Ratilanna Riverside Spa Chiang Mai Fr $122+/Nt — $122 Save with Hotels.com, $22/night less
- Chiang Mai Savings! Book at RarinJinda Wellness Spa Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Expedia
- Save $$ in Chiang Mai: Book Fr $29+/Nt — $29 Hotels.com