- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are plenty of ATMs and exchange kiosks in town; Naresuan Road has most of Phitsanulok's banks.
Safety and Precautions
Take elementary precautions when visiting Phitsanulok. Leave valuables, unneeded cash, and your passport either in the room safe or with the management.
Apart from its historic temples and some interesting museums, Phitsanulok has a pleasant riverside promenade that invites the visitor to linger, particularly in one of the several waterfront restaurants. The city is worth at least an overnight stay.
The local office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, TAT, recommends several local travel agents, including Nanthaphon Tour and Rang Thong Tour.
Tourist Authority of Thailand (TAT). 209/7-8 Boromtrailokanat Rd., Phitsanulok, 65000. 055/252743. Daily 8:30-4:30.
Rang Thong Tour (55/37 Surasi Commercial Center, Phitsanulok. 055/259973.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3.5-Star The Mantrini Boutique: $61 & Up in May Expedia
- Book in Chiang Rai Fr $51+/Nt Hotels.com
- Suanthip Vana in May: $64 & Up — $64 Expedia
- Special deal: 3-Star Palm Garden Fr $41+/Nt — $41 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Chiang Rai this May Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Save with Expedia, $19/night less