- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Buses to Phitsanulok regularly leave Bangkok's Northern Terminal. Fares on a 44-seat air-conditioned bus start at around B260 for the six-hour trip. The terminal also has buses for travel to and from Chiang Mai via Lampang or via Phrae and Phayao, and to Mae Sot via Tak. The terminal is downtown, just 1 km (½ mi) from Wat Phra Si Mahatat (known locally as Wat Yai).
Between Phitsanulok and Sukhothai there are regular buses for pennies, which depart roughly every hour; the trip takes about 1½ hours.
Bus station (Mittaparp Rd., Phitsanulok. 055/242430 or 055/242030.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Angkhang Nature Fr $57+/Nt Hotels.com
- Save $$ in Chiang Mai: Book Fr $17+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- 4-Star Ban Sabai Spa Village Fr $48+/Nt — $48 Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- 5-Star Rachamankha Fr $144+/Nt — $144 Save with Hotels.com, $71/night less
- Explore Chiang Mai For Less! Book Fr $35+/Nt — $35 Save with Hotels.com, $6/night less