- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Speedboats to Similan National Park leave from Thaplamu Pier in the Tai Muang District just south of Khao Lak beach at 8:30 am when the park is open to the public (November-May). Once you reach Koh Similan, motorboats will take you to other islands for between B150 and B400 depending on distance.
You can also take a private tour boat from Thaplamu Pier for around B2,000 per person. The tour boat departs from Thaplamu at 8 am daily and returns at 2 pm. Direct tickets, booked through the national parks, will cost B1,800; however, private tours are better value.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Cambodia Experience — $5,299 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore