Thailand has 103 land and marine national parks with many rare species of flora and fauna. The Web site of the National Park Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department (www.dnp.go.th) is a good resource for getting the lowdown on all facilities (including food and drink vendors), animal-spotting opportunities, notable features like waterfalls, and available cabin rentals or camping areas (you can book accommodation online), plus weather news and updates on which areas are closed.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Cambodia Experience — $5,299 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore