Vietnam Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Vietnam, 3rd Edition
Buzzing cities, world-class cuisine, dramatic landscapes, and rich biodiversity give Vietnam a distinct character: from the capital city of Hanoi, to Ho Chi Minh City up north, and the Mekong Delta down south. One of Southeast Asia's most resilient peoples, the Vietnamese have absorbed noticeable influence from their massive northern neighbor China as well as their former colonizer France. Echoes of the Vietnam War (known here as the American War) still reverberate but for the most part, Vietnam is too busy looking forward to dwell on the past.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Vietnam restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Vietnam
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Vietnam Experience — $2,489 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore
Indochine is Alive and Well. Tuck into crisp baguettes while lazing under scalloped yellow café awnings and sipping coffee that's been... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just wanted to check in with some information. Read more
I've been back from my first trip to Vietnam for a month now. Read more