- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Indochine is Alive and Well. Tuck into crisp baguettes while lazing under scalloped yellow café awnings and sipping coffee that's been elevated to a high, but not highbrow, art.
Cars are Not King. Scooters reign supreme here, and the sight of a million poncho-clad riders might just put you off your four-wheel vehicle.
Sea Food, Eat Food. Vietnam's coastal cities and towns offer just-caught crustaceans at cut-rate prices.
The War is Over. Despite the country's tumultuous history during the Cold War, those who were once considered unfriendly forces are now warmly welcomed.
History's No Mystery. There are seven UNESCO World Heritage sites across Vietnam—from 15th-century trading ports to 4th-century temples.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Vietnam Experience — $2,489 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore