- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
International clinics in Hanoi offer the highest quality care but also cost more. Local hospitals are not quite up to the standards of Thailand, Hong Kong, or Singapore, but they are decent and often employ doctors who have been trained overseas, typically in France.
Temperatures in Hanoi can get extremely hot, with average daytime temperatures in late spring and summer exceeding 100 degrees—drink plenty of water and use common sense to avoid dehydration and heat stroke. Sunscreen is also highly recommended. Dengue fever and malaria are real risks in Vietnam; if not taking a prophylaxis, make sure to use mosquito repellent.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Vietnam Experience — $2,489 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore