Mom's Place Review
Who could resist a restaurant with such a welcoming name? Not many, judging by enthusiastic crowds who frequent this pleasant breakfast and lunch spot at a shopping center in Nu'uuli, a couple of miles from the airport and about 5 miles from Pago Pago. Hearty breakfast choices include omelets with generous sides, loco moco (two hamburger patties, eggs, rice, gravy, and onions), and pancakes, including a deep-fried local version called Pani-keke Samoa, which is filled with banana. It's fair to say that Mom's Place is not a prudent breakfast choice if on a diet. At lunch consider BLTs and fish burgers, plus a few salads, with homemade cookies and brownies for dessert.
- Address: Litani Shopping Center, Nu'uuli, Pago Pago
- Phone: 684/699-9494
- Location: American Samoa
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,331 Air New Zealand
August - September 2012
August 18 (Saturday): Newark to San Francisco to Sydney
My spouse and I flew United from Newark, NJ (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) via San Francisco (SFO). Read more
Last week we spent 5 days on Tasmania's beautiful west coast.
I last traveled on the Bass Strait ferry back in the 80s but Geoff and Taine had never taken the voyage so we decided it would be a fun bu Read more
Hi, all -- since I find other people's trip reports so helpful I've decided to post one of mine. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more