Nightlife & the Arts in Canberra
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canberra's nightlife has had an adrenalin injection in recent years, and there are great wine bars, pubs, and music venues. Most venues are clustered in the city center and the fashionable southern suburbs of Manuka and Kingston. Except on weekends, few places showcase live music.
The Thursday edition of the Canberra Times has a "What's On" section (in the Times Out supplement) listing performances around the city. The Saturday edition's Arts pages also list weekend happenings.
Browse Canberra Nightlife
Browse Canberra Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Canberra this May Fr $335+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book Crowne Plaza Canberra 3 Nts in May Fr $196+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 5-Star Diamant Canberra - by 8 s: $174 & Up in May — $174 Save with Expedia, $30/night less
- Book 4.5-Star Novotel Canberra in Canberra Fr $141+/Nt — $141 Expedia