- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Its name is Italian for bicycle and the motif is carried through his funky restaurant housed in the ultrahip Diamant Hotel, with two-wheeled images on the big umbrella-shape light fittings and pieces of memorabilia.
The popular dining spot, open all day from 7:30 am until 10 pm, was once a student dormitory and the interior's distressed look (featuring old bathroom tiles and shabby walls) has been left to add to the venue's funky feel. The menu features antipasti, pasta, a long list of pizzas, salads, and only a light smattering of meat and fish dishes. Start with the yummy large olives stuffed with savory mince, crumbed and lightly fried; or try the slow-cooked pork and veal meatballs. Thin-crust pizzas include the "fantasia": mozzarella, spinach, sausage, cherry tomatoes, and gorgonzola. Pop in early for great pastries and good coffee and use the free Wi-Fi while you eat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Crowne Plaza Canberra in May: $189 & Up Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Canberra this May Fr $144+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Canberra: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $351+/Nt — $351 Expedia
- May deal: Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Fr $160+/Nt — $160 Save with Expedia, $26/night less
- Canberra Savings! Book at Diamant Canberra - by 8 s Fr $194+/Nt — $194 Save with Expedia, $34/night less
August - September 2012
August 18 (Saturday): Newark to San Francisco to Sydney
My spouse and I flew United from Newark, NJ (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) via San Francisco (SFO). Read more
Last week we spent 5 days on Tasmania's beautiful west coast.
I last traveled on the Bass Strait ferry back in the 80s but Geoff and Taine had never taken the voyage so we decided it would be a fun bu Read more
Hi - We were thinking about travelling to NZ (south Isand) and embarking on a camper van tour. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more