- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A convenient (and fun!) way to see the major sights of Canberra is with the Canberra Explorer Bus, operated by Canberra Day Tours, which makes a regular circuit around the major attractions. Tickets are A$35, and you can hop on and off all day. Destiny Tours offers ghost tours and other outings that explore the weirder side of the nation's capital.
The impressive Canberra and Region Visitor Centre, open weekdays 9-5 and weekends 9-4, is a convenient stop for those entering Canberra by road from Sydney or the north. The staff makes accommodation bookings for Canberra.
Canberra Day Tours (0418/455-099. www.canberradaytours.com.au.)
Destiny Tours (02/9487-2895. www.destinytours.com.au.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Canberra Savings! Book at Diamant Canberra - by 8 s Fr $194+/Nt Save with Expedia, $34/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Fr $160+/Nt Save with Expedia, $26/night less
- Save at 5-Star Hyatt Canberra: $351 & Up in May — $351 Expedia
- Book in Canberra: Save at the Novotel Canberra in May Fr $144+/Nt — $144 Expedia