This lovely indoor-outdoor restaurant is run by chef Stephen Sia, who specializes in both Italian and Malaysian fare, with an emphasis on seafood—there's always something to suit all palates. Start with the salt-and-pepper squid or the Asian spring rolls. A bit spicier is the Malaysia seafood curry, which brims with shrimp, squid, fish, potatoes, and rice. Succulent pork belly and Asian-style chicken and basil please those not keen on fish, while seafood lovers relish the fresh-caught kingfish, yellowfin tuna, deep-sea cod, and trevally. Note the many blackboard specials, too. Stephen sources excellent island produce from local growers, everything from silver beets to eggs to strawberries. Regulars rave about the coconut-custard pie with ice cream.
- Address: Pandanus Lodge, Anderson Road, Lord Howe Island, ACT
- Phone: 02/6563-2400
- Location: Lord Howe Island
- No lunch Sun.--Wed.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations
· News & Features
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise. ... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more