Water Sports in Brisbane
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Moreton Bay. A half-hour's drive east of Brisbane city brings you to Moreton Bay, stretching 125 km (78 mi) from the Gold Coast to the Sunshine Coast. A number of operators based in Brisbane's bayside suburbs—Manly, Redcliffe, Sandgate—run sailing, diving, sightseeing, and whale- and dolphin-watching trips around the Bay, and trips to its various islands. Some cruises include tours of St. Helena Island's historic prison ruins; others visit Moreton Island, where you can toboggan down massive white sand-dunes.
Moreton Bay Escapes. Moreton Bay Escapes runs tours and charters around Moreton Bay Marine Park and Moreton Island National Park that might include sailing, 4WD-driving, snorkelling, and sand-boarding. They'll also tailor excursions to incorporate hiking, scuba-diving, sea-kayaking, birdwatching, and swimming with dolphins. 1300/559-355. www.moretonbayescapes.com.au.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Party in Australia! Flights to Brisbane From 929 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Explore Brisbane For Less! Book Fr $115+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $21/night less
- Stay 2 night and save 10% off your stay!: Urban Brisbane in May Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- Hot Deal on a 2 Nt Cruise! Princess Cruises Fr $309 Expedia
- Holiday in Australia! Students Fly to Brisbane From $1203 RT — $1,203+ STA Travel