- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Brisbane
Enjoying the Outdoors: Choose from rain forests and reefs, unspoiled beaches and islands, rushing rivers, dramatic gorges, distinctive wildlife, hiking, and water sports.
Experiencing the Laid-Back Vibe: Queensland's communities have affable, relaxed locals, even at the upmarket hotels and fine-dining restaurants of Brisbane and resort areas.
Releasing Your Inner Child: Queensland's Gold Coast is abuzz with world-class theme parks—from thrill rides, watery attractions, to Outback-inspired extravaganzas.
Seeing Wildlife: Head out to the southern end of the Reef for millions of fish, rays, turtles, and cetaceans; on the mainland, watch for rare birds and mammals, endangered frogs, dingoes, and koalas.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Party in Australia! Flights to Brisbane From 929 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 4.5-Star Traders , Brisbane Fr $304+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $80/night less
- Small budget: Book Oaks Festival Towers 3 Nts in May Fr $160+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Explore Australia/New Zealand with Princess Cruises Fr $1,999 Expedia
- 4-Star Mercure Brisbane Fr $253+/Nt — $253 Save with Hotels.com, $31/night less