- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Australian Day Tours/JPT conducts half- and full-day tours of Brisbane and nearby Moreton Island. CitySights, run by the Brisbane City Council, operates air-conditioned hop-on, hop-off tour buses that make circuits of city landmarks and other points of interest, including South Bank and Chinatown. They leave from Post Office Square every 45 minutes, starting at 9 am; last departure is 3:45 pm. You can buy tickets on the bus and get on or off at any of the 19 stops for A$35. At the Brisbane City Council office, pick up a self-guided BrisbaneCityWalk map (also available from tourist information offices and online), as well as brochures and maps detailing other designated Brisbane walking trails.
Kookaburra River Queens are paddle wheelers that run lunch, dinner, tea, and jazz cruises on the Brisbane River. Lunch cruises include scenic and historic commentary; live entertainment and dancing are highlights of dinner cruises. The weekend seafood and carvery buffet dinner cruise is especially popular. Tours run A$10-A$89 per person.
Energetic visitors might want to scale Brisbane's Story Bridge for a 360-degree city overview; a climbing tour with Story Bridge Adventure Climb takes 2½ hours and costs A$89-A$99 per person, extra for twilight climbs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Party in Australia! Flights to Brisbane From 929 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Super Low Brisbane Rate: Book Fr $194+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $26/night less
- May deal: Oaks 212 Margaret Fr $152+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Hot Deal on a 16 Nt Cruise! Princess Cruises Fr $2,599 Expedia
- Holiday in Australia! Students Fly to Brisbane From $1203 RT — $1,203+ STA Travel