Sights & Attractions in Great Barrier Reef
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of your best chances to see the endangered cassowary, a prehistoric...
Cairns City Place
Cairns' center is City Place, a pedestrian mall bordered by Lake...
Kuranda Koala Gardens
All kinds of Australian wildlife are housed here, but the namesake...
Up to 214 charter fishing, diving, and private vessels can moor...
|Marinas / Piers||Cairns|
Undara Volcanic National Park
The lava tubes here are a fascinating geological oddity in the...
Cairns can trace its beginnings to the point where the Esplanade...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Cairns|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations