Heron Island Marine Centre & Dive Shop. In addition to diving, snorkeling, and semisubmersible trips, Heron Island Marine Centre & Dive Shop runs three-hour fishing trips and half- and full-day guided reef-fishing charters for up to four passengers, with gear, tackle, and optional stops for snorkeling. Toast the sunset on an hour-long wine-and-cheese cruise or book a charter cruise for up to eight people. Heron Island resort can pack you a sandwich lunch for A$19, or a Mediterranean beach picnic for A$29. 07/4972-9055. www.heronisland.com. A$45 semisubmersible tour, A$130 snorkeling tour, A$40-A$450 per-person scuba diving, A$90 3-hr fishing, A$850 (half-day, up to 4) to A$1,200 (full-day, up to 4, including snorkeling), reef-fishing, A$70 sunset cruise, A$500 (max. 4) or A$700 (max. 8) sunset charter, A$10 stargazing. Daily, hrs. vary, closed Feb.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations