- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sea World Review
Sea World, Australia's largest marine theme park, has daily shows that highlight the resident dolphins and sea lions, and waterskiing displays. You can also check out the park's polar bears in their state-of-the-art home, fairy penguin and endangered dugong exhibits, and various other marine creatures, including 100-plus eagle, manta, and sting rays at Ray Reef. Don't miss Shark Bay, the world's largest artificial lagoon system for sharks, an innovative dual enclosure with dangerous tiger sharks in one section and harmless reef sharks, rays, and fish in another. Patrons can dive in the latter, and get close-up views of the former through the massive windows that separate the lagoons. Rides include Jet Ski and corkscrew coasters, a monorail, waterslides, the Sky High Skyway cable car, and Sea World Eye, a 95-foot-high observation wheel offering bird's-eye views of the action.
- Address: Seaworld Dr. (at oceanside end of this long street), The Spit, Main Beach, Southport, QLD, 4217 | Map It
- Phone: 13-3386; 07/5588-2205
- Cost: A$74.99; VIP Pass A$109.99 (unlimited entry to SeaWorld, Movie World, and Wet'n'Wild for 12 months).
- Hours: Daily 10--5.
- Website: www.seaworld.com.au
- Location: Southport and Main Beach
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations
August - September 2012
August 18 (Saturday): Newark to San Francisco to Sydney
My spouse and I flew United from Newark, NJ (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) via San Francisco (SFO). Read more
Last week we spent 5 days on Tasmania's beautiful west coast.
I last traveled on the Bass Strait ferry back in the 80s but Geoff and Taine had never taken the voyage so we decided it would be a fun bu Read more
Is there somewhere you can recommend that might have a better exchange rate to change AUD to USD in Melbourne? Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more