- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Adelaide
Arts and Music: South Australia has fantastic festivals, from the Adelaide Festival of Arts, the internationally acclaimed Come Out festival, and the annual WOMADelaide celebration of world music.
Bush Tucker: The Australian palate has been reeducated in the pleasures of bush tucker—food that has been used for millennia by the Aboriginal people. Kangaroo, crocodile, emu, and other regional fare are now embraced by all.
Historic Homes: There are historic properties in both North Adelaide and in the Adelaide Hills, which have the best of both worlds: easy access to the city as well as to countryside vineyards and rustic villages.
Wonderful Wines: South Australia is considered Australia's premier wine state, and the top-notch wines of the Barossa Region, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills, and Coonawarra are treasured by connoisseurs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Big Savings! Flights to Adelaide From $1,289 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- May deal: Miller Apartments Adelaide Fr $175+/Nt Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Book in Adelaide: Save at the Adelaide Paringa in May Fr $100+/Nt Expedia
- Big Savings! Flights to Adelaide From $1,289 R/T — $1,289+ ASAPTickets.com
- Save in Adelaide: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $133+/Nt — $133 Save with Expedia, $15/night less