Tracey and Tom Teichert have lived in the Barossa for 20 years and make excellent guides to the region's best wineries as well as where to buy some excellent local produce. They will make suggestions or they will take you wherever you fancy. They can pick you up from Adelaide (A$160) or more cheaply, from anywhere in the Barossa. Gray Line Adelaide's full-day tour of the Barossa Region (A$128) leaves from Adelaide Central Bus Station. It includes lunch at a winery. Enjoy Adelaide runs a full-day (A$75) Barossa tour that visits four vineyards and includes lunch. Groovy Grape Getaways offers full-day (A$85) Barossa tours with a visit to the Adelaide Hills and a barbecue lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations