Wildlife-Watching in Stanley
Stanley Seal Cruises. Twice a day, animal lovers can take a 75-minute journey on the motor cruiser Sylvia C. The cruiser takes you offshore to Bull Rock to see Australian fur seals in their natural habitat in Bass Strait. Dockside, Stanley, TAS, 7331. 0419/550-134. www.stanleysealcruises.com.au. A$49. No tours July-Aug.
Wing's Wildlife Park. This park, 50 minutes drive from Devonport, has one of the larger collections of Tasmanian wildlife in Australia, which as well as all the usual suspects includes an aquatic section where you can view albino rainbow trout and Atlantic salmon. Excellent guided tours can be tailored to your interests. 137 Winduss Rd., Gunn's Plains, Stanley, TAS, 7315. wingswildlife.com.au. A$17. Daily 10-4.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $2699 -- Australia & Asia: 2-Week Cruises w/Air, Save $1000 CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations