Golf in Perth
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Perth has numerous public golf courses, all of which rent out clubs.
Western Australia Golf Association. The Western Australia Golf Association has details on golf courses in the state and a program of events. 08/9367-2490. www.golfwa.com.au.
Western Australians have a love affair with the beach. During the summer months you'll find thousands of them lazing on sandy beaches, swimming, and surfing. There are popular beaches on Perth's doorstep, but serious board surfers will head south to the rugged coastline from Cape Naturaliste to Cape Leeuwin. Favorite surf breaks are Surfer's Point, Lefthanders, Three Bears, Grunters, the Bombie, Moses Rock, the Guillotine, the Farm, Barnyards, Suicides, and Supertubes. There are some 50 recognized surf breaks along this coast. Check out www.surf-forecast.com for up-to-date surf reports.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel