Each Australian state has its own tourism Web site where you can find state-specific maps, thematically organized listings, travel information, and links to accommodation and transport. Some have free state travel guides that they'll send to you. In general, they handle queries online.
Australian Capital Tourism. www.visitcanberra.com.au.
Northern Territory (www.travel.nt.com.)
South Australian Tourism Commission. www.southaustralia.com.
Tourism New South Wales (www.visitnsw.com.)
Tourism Queensland. www.queenslandholidays.com.au.
Tourism Tasmania. www.discovertasmania.com.
Tourism Western Australia. www.westernaustralia.com.
Welcome to Victoria. www.visitvictoria.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations