- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mo Mo Review
This exotically lavish, crystal bedecked restaurant reopened in early 2009 in the Grand Hyatt Hotel. Against a backdrop of plush upholstery and veil-like curtains, chef Greg Malouf offers his upscale take on Middle Eastern dishes as family-style sharing menus (or small banquets) from A$120 per person. Dishes such as kifta nayee(Middle Eastern style beef tartare with basil, marjoram, and smoky chilli) and Turkish fish doctors stew with stuffed mussels and roasted flounder fillets anchor the menu, while desserts like Persian saffron tart with passionfruit curd and marscapone elevate it heavenwards. À la carte dining is available only for pretheater reservations on Friday and Saturday.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1373* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip — $1,999 Air New Zealand Vacations
August - September 2012
August 18 (Saturday): Newark to San Francisco to Sydney
My spouse and I flew United from Newark, NJ (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) via San Francisco (SFO). Read more
Last week we spent 5 days on Tasmania's beautiful west coast.
I last traveled on the Bass Strait ferry back in the 80s but Geoff and Taine had never taken the voyage so we decided it would be a fun bu Read more
As some of you may have noticed there's a "minor" cricket series coming up between Australia and England in Dec '13/Jan '14, which both DH and i would love to see some of; he would also like to do some Read more