Stonier Winery Review
Established in 1978, Stonier Winery is considered a preeminent Mornington Peninsula producer of wines, made from the region's oldest vines. Owners Brian Stonier and his wife Noel have concentrated on Chardonnay and Pinot Noir (produced from vines first planted in 1978 and 1982, respectively) and more recently introduced a sparkling—the Stonier Pinot Noir Chardonnay. Although there's no restaurant, platters of local Red Hill cheeses accompany the daily tastings, and if time permits, visitors may be invited on an informal tour of the fermentation and barrel rooms. Several events take place during the year, such as the Pie and Pinot day in June (part of the regional Winter Wine Weekend), and Oyster Shucking and Sparkling in December.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations